Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 11 - Eric Kim

Eric Kim
A street photography currently based in Berkeley whom studied Sociology and combined his passion in photography to make statements about society through street photography. Initially when he started, he had difficulty finding on the net on the approach of street photography. Soon, because he lost his job which gave him the opportunity to travel the world and teach street photography workshops to those who wants to conquer the frear of doing street photography.

Reflection:
I like doing street photography and I have the fear of taking photos of strangers so I prefer taking backgrounds objects or situations. The style in his photos being very unique captivates people to look into his pictures more; as though his photos are talking. That's how I feel when I see his photos even with a simple silhouette as the main focus. I wish to overcome the fear of taking photos of strangers like him in the future because human expressions are interesting in many ways and you can see the story behind the people's expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment